Friday, March 27, 2009

The MK Way

As you may have guessed by now, I am a Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics (MKBC). Owning my own business has given me so much more than I would have ever dreamed. I've learned that money isn't everything, but it does provide you with the ability to make choices. Since I started my business I've earned pieces of jewelry, a 3 day 2 night getaway and other prizes. Another thing that I love about my business is that is has introduced me to some of the most powerful, positive and successful women!

But what's more than all that is I have had the pleasure to share this business with other women looking for something more. The feeling that I get on the inside when I help other women fill a void in their life is absolutely amazing. I have become such a better person, and all the money in the world could never replace that.

So, Two Things about this:

1. Don't get it twisted, I love all the money I make from my business. Who wouldn't? But the money is an added bonus to everything else Mary Kay has given me. I mean, who wouldn't want to get paid to hang out with fabulous women and receive gifts just for doing your job?!?

2. The only thing that troubles me about my business is when I come across a woman that wants more, but she isn't willing to work for it. I don't understand it. Anything good in life is worth working for. Haven't we all been taught that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you have to be a MK business owner, but if you want more you have to be willing to do more!!! You have to be willing to step out on faith and believe in yourself, that's the first step. Everything that comes after that is just an added bonus!